Providence Real Estate Consulting, LLC is a provider of telecommunications site development services and a licensed real estate brokerage firm in the USA. Providence was looking to develop a CRM system to automate business processes in their cell tower business, namely the wireless facilities maintenance process.
With 300 ongoing customer projects, our client realized that many of their established business processes became tedious and redundant. They were looking to optimize them and improve overall efficiency. The business goals were to:
- Reduce manual work by automating corresponding business processes.
- Avoid keeping all information in the master Microsoft Excel file which used to
be subject to update by one person once a week.
- Avoid information duplication throughout the scope of a project causing plenty of inconveniences.
- Reduce the time to start new projects.
- Efficiently organize like data for better visibility and deeper analytics.
The resulting product is a specialized CRM system that serves to automate the monitoring and maintenance of cell towers. It supports bringing into service the equipment installed on the cell towers and its maintenance planning. Here are the solution’s technical highlights:
- Interconnection of telecommunication tower elements and zones by creating appropriate dependencies to monitor and manage the towers properly.
- A built-in sorting and filtering system, which allows for displaying the necessary information in all interconnected modules.
- Engineering zone functionality for technical managers and engineers that enables planning, maintenance, inventory, and updating of the equipment installed on the tower.
- A Service Order Form (SOF) Tool to support order processing internally.
- A module for interaction between the site owner and the company’s clients. This module includes telecommunications site data and allows for auditing.
- A role-based access that delineates the responsibility areas for each user and enables the control of access to sensitive data according to the requirements. The specific features for each zone allow undertaking the required manipulations following the requirements for each tower depending on the user role and his needs.
- PACE tasks management logic implementation.
- The user interfaces were designed by AIS UI/UX designers.
- A full update of the backend to a new stack with the use of the NestJS and TypeORM technologies, and PostgreSQL as the database management system.
The project continues with more functional modules coming soon. The AIS team managed to overcome technical challenges successfully and helped the client achieve their business goals. They observe the following progress:
“I appreciate not only following the specification during the system development but also being proactive by suggesting solutions that serve better requirements implementation and having a clear and simple development process.”
Applications Project Manager, Providence Real Estate Consulting